Whether you've been harmed yourself and want to support someone who's gone through a similar trauma, or want to participate as an advocate in making the maternity care system more accountable---support someone else by donating a manual(s) or manual(s) with consultation(s).
Your purchase goes into our stock so that we can provide manuals and consultations to folks in need, as needed.
Choose the quantity you'd like to provide--1 for a single manual; 2 or more to provide multiple manuals or consultations.
Birth Monopoly will match every donation 1 to 1 through May 5, 2021.
ABOUT THE MANUAL:
The new Birth Monopoly manual How to File a Complaint for Mistreatment During Childbirth is a is a step-by-step resource created by experienced advocate Cristen Pascucci with input from insiders who know this process best. It is 52 pages.
This manual comes from a trauma-informed perspective and was created with love for survivors and others finding their way to healing and accountability.
Inside, you’ll find:
- An overview of your most basic rights in healthcare
- Common violations of your consent rights
- Key Steps and What You Should Know about filing a grievance with your hospital
- Key Steps and What You Should Know about filing a complaint with your state board against a licensed provider
- Checklist for filing a complaint with a state board
- Access to our state-by-state directory of professional licensing boards, so you can easily find the one you need
- Quick Facts on filing a lawsuit
- Other options for sharing your story and seeking accountability
This resource is a digital product delivered via instant download to the end user. More information is here.
ABOUT THE CONSULTATION:
Want to cut to the chase? This purchase includes both the manual and a 30-minute, trauma-sensitive video or phone call with Cristen to speak directly with her about options in a particular situation, ask questions, or get referrals for local resources. Schedule at your convenience.
Limited quantity: One consultation is available per week.
Why one doula and trauma therapist loves the manual:
(This is an actual text)
"OH MY GOD CRISTEN IT IS BEAUTIFUL! seriously I’m on page 18 and I’m imagining so many people this is going to help. I can’t wait to share it with everyone."
(Another text from a nurse and doula)
"I'm crying reading this!!! Can't tell you what this means. Thank you thank you the world needs this"